Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shazam!

Mornin everybody,

take a seat, right over there. The steve has something to tell

so yesterday, my roommate and I were going out to get something to out. We went to a place called the kuckuck's nest. they have some great turkisch meals. and they have baklava. Did I mention I love baklava ? Anyway so we sit there, on our second beer. and this guy walks up and asks if he can come sit with us. he was a doctor and wanted to talk and get to know people. we talked about a lot of things. Like that he doesn't drink alcohol and that his only drugs are woman. now this guy was imho retarded. spoke very broken german, with a lot of pauses and he was one ugly motherfucker.

after 5 min he orders us all a gin & tonic. great beverage , loved the taste. So he ordered us a gin & tonic. " I don't drink alcohol, it's bad" but the guy does order a gin & tonic. oh the irony.
oh while we're at it, I had a affelstrüdel aswell. normaly it's pie. but here it was appeljuice with vodka and cinnamon. great drink. try it sometime.

on with the story, the guy was freaking us out so we left pretty quickly. while we were on our way home , my roommate saw a friend of his and she said there was a party going on at the wihast. wihast is one of the student homes here FYI. so we get there, have a drink make some small talk. One of the girls was drunk to booth. there was more alcohol in her then a russian on happy hour. she started talking to me , asking who I was etc etc... and suddenly she starts telling me how her father used to rape her and she went into very specific details on how those nights went on. ... I was SHOCKED!

Really, some things are better not said and THAT was one of them. Now i'm not known for my subtle ways but I am smarter then that.
so the party was good. We left at half past 12 and we wanted to get one more beer before hitting the sack so we went into town.
After some good and thorough looking we found a place called "In Vino" it obviously had a lot of wine. I went in there and mangled their sophisticated ways by ordering a beer.
"Steve Bielen, Culture barbarian. performing every other tuesday"

It was a nice place had a few laughs , talked with the bar owner. It was good. now my roommate wanted to try some wine so we got another round. After this some guy enters the bar, he's drunk and depressed. you can see that. suddenly he buys us a round of shots. don't know what the drink was but it was good.
so we toast in his health, and he buys us another round. I need to do that more often.
he went on some rant about how he lost his house in albania and how his wife left him blabla. well good thing I don't understand drunken german that well. Just keep the woman pleased and you don't have a problem. Dave chapelle has a good vision on men and chivalry btw. look him up on youtube if you have time.

At this point it was 01:45. the bartender decides to give us another round on the house, So I got another beer and christophe another wine. Right all finished then the guy buys us another round of the shots.

at this point I was drunk. so we kind off crawled home. hitting many fences and falling onto the floor. The good part about this is that I DID NOT BREAK ANYTHING! that's a first eh :-D
I still remember yesterday very well so Michiel don't try to blame me for any assasinations or destructions you did. You framed me once, not again.

The morning-after was not so good. I wake up, want to take a shower and my roommate threw up in the hallway. It wasn't pretty. the stuff is on the walls, a trail to his bed. his face was hanging with it ... I laughed. He can clean it up :D

That was about the most exciting part of last week. on sunday it was a beautiful day. so I went to the lake to meet up with bella and her boyfriend and some other guy. Forgot his name already. Sorry!
It was nice. just sitting around doing nothing while enjoying the sun. lovely

Work is also going great. Currently have the problem that I'm unable to set up a testing environment. The squid is running but I can't get it to behave transparent. I think my iptables are to blame here. but I'm on it. I'll keep you guys updated on the problem. Speaking of problems, Rainer was able to fix my script for the DHCP relay agent. so that makes it finished. great!

I'm going to leave at that for now. Some friends of mine are coming over tomorrow so I will be off for a while.
Tsjuus!

***Update I did the searching for you, Here is dave chapelle
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRflz-93JA
GOTCHA BITCH!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

No wonder your squid isn't behaving transparent, you probably took it with you to the bar. With that amount of alcohol, I wouldn't see clearly either...

About the breaking of things, I would like to mention that you CANNOT RECALL having broken anything yesterday. Big difference :D

Ah, the Steve, our model of self-control...

Greetz from Setubal

Stewie for governor!

Steve Bielen said...

That ... that isn't very comforting.
Damnit michiel!

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm not here to comfort you, if you want comforting, cuddle up your roommate or so :D

I am your security advisor, and I advise you to keep up the story of having no recollection of any.

Oh, and tell that to your squid too, before he starts self-incrimination :p

Steve Bielen said...

My squid is doing fine actually!
He just has problems of outing himself. He needs to stand up and take control.
But i'm working on that. Working on it like Reinout bossing around in the sweatshop.

D.G. said...

Quite some adventures that night ...
Did you not know that mixing wine, bear, etc. brings ... ;-)
As I already said : "Keep things in balance Steve" ...
Too bad that the outing of your squid does not match the outingpotential of its creator ;-)
Greetz from Belgium,
D. Graf