Friday, April 11, 2008

Entertain me!

So I finished part 1 of the project
sort off...
I wasn't able to program the Cisco router but I do have the commands to enable a dhcp relay but it needs more then that and that's a bit much for me to study in a week.

so on to the next part.
According to artikel 2006/24/EU every public hotspot needs to log traffic and usernames etc.
and this is exactly what I will be doing.
I have a good idea on how to do this.
the server runs a postgre database, it's a new database which I haven't worked with before but that won't be a problem.

also non work related. this town is boring!
My roommate and I took a little walking trip last night and while it's a very beautiful city there isn't much going on.
We walked past Campus Domus and good god. it's like the roman decadence era all over again.
from every window you hear girls screaming, singin and overall being drunk.
you see guys going from one room to the next falling into some other girls arms.

Am I glad i'm not there. I would be the grumpy old guy screaming that he needs his sleep.
speaking of old, I'm NOT! so far everyone I have met here is at least 2 years older then me.

also I went to an archery range last wednesday. It was awesome. going to do that again.

oh well back to work.
Currently listening: The poison - prodigy

1 comment:

D.G. said...

I finally found some time to read your adventures in Austria ...
So you were not inspired by the roman decadence ;-)although you tried some bears ;-) ?
Good luck with the internship.
D. Graf