Thursday, May 15, 2008

The new steve

Hello everybody!

I'm back in good 'l austria. I had spent the past 5 days in belgium. A birthday present from my parents. It was really nice. Most people I know would pay to keep me out of the country. so it's true. mother love is blind :-)

Well my stay there was awesome. Saw my parents, grandparents, girlfriend, my dogs and off course my bunny. I missed the lil bugger. The weather was hot there. 30 -35 degrees and more at certain points. So plenty of oppertunity to hold a BBQ! which we did off course. my dad also had his birthday so that had to be celebrated. 49 years old now. it's starting to add up.
another event was off course mothers day. the woman we can't live without... or with for that matter but hey. details :-D

Sara and me also celebrated our first year together. ANOTHER person that's crazy enough to want me around. Even though I hit her in my sleep. Yup, Steve "Domestic Abuse" Bielen. Another nickname to the list.

Since tuesday I arrived back in austria. It was a long trip so I didn't see much of my evening here.
Now for the rest of the week.
currently working on my project. It has taking a big turn. I'm currently working on getting squid to put it's log files in a database. But squid doesn't support it. There is one plugin that allows it but it does not suit my needs. So .. I am starting to write my own software for squid. Yup you read it, I'm writing my own linux software. I've come a long way from starting the school in 2005. The program will be written in Perl, It's similair to Python which I do know but I have to learn Perl from scratch. so far it's going along great. I can open the file, read the contents and prepare the data to input them into the database. I am currently studying a book : PostgreSQL second edition. it has a whole section dedicated on how to use perl with Postgre. So I expect this to be finished soon.

Saterday is going to be fun. the ISN here is organizing a boat bike and wine tour. we're going to do some sight seeing, and have free wine on a boat with a big BBQ. I was convinced at the free wine part but they made an effort.
Also, I'm a celebrity here. The school edits a newspaper and they have done an interview with me. I had the chance the ramble about myself for 45 mins so that was pretty cool.

That's about it for this post. Tonight there might be the chance that i'm off the a party but don't know yet. I have to be in the school tomorrow at 9'o clock.
Uuggh. it's going to be one of those days.

1 comment:

Randal L. Schwartz said...

What’s “postgre”? If you mean PostgreSQL, that’s pronounced “post gres cue ell”, which is usually shortened to “post gres” and hence “postgres”, not “postgre”.